Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Yesterday, Nicole and I went on base to enjoy the games, food, and fireworks that HAAF has every year for 4th of July. We got to eat some really good bbq sandwiches, mac and cheese, and funnel cake. Nicole loved the funnel cake. Being pregnant and walking around with her trying to keep up with her was difficult but I managed. The fun she was having, and the look on her face was worth it. They had bouncy houses, face painting, and flag decorating. There was a live band too, and Nicole danced her pants off of course. We laid our blanket out and waited for the fireworks. There was a nice breeze and it cooled down enough to enjoy just sitting there which is out of character for Savannah July's. I loved just slowing down and spending that bit of time with Nicole, and thinking about what an amazing little girl I get to wake up to every morning. The people next to us made shish kabobs with strawberries, blueberries, and star shaped marsh mellows. Nicole ate 3 of them, and said "Daddy would like these, can we send hime some in the mail?" Probably one of the most bittersweet things I have ever heard her say. I also had one of the most nerve wracking moments when she had to go to the bathroom and all they had was porta potties. They were pink so she kept saying " I love these pink houses mommy, they are so nice!" I cant say that I was as excited as her to be in there.
When the fireworks did come she loooved them. Everytime one went up she told me what color it was, and how big it was. She kept saying ooooohhh! and throwing her arms up with little clenched fists. It made me think about last year when Chris got to enjoy them with us. We both thought it would be great if he was there.
When we finally got home, I had to scrub the fake tattoo off her face and she cried. She said she got it at daddy's work and wanted to show him. I said daddy had alot more to give her. So note to chris: Pick up some fake tattoos before you get here! After that, we both fell asleep until this morning. I hope everyones 4th is as memorable as ours


Funnel Cake!








2 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love Nicole's tattoo! So cute!

Michelle Puccinelli said...

How sweet. She is getting to be so big and smart! I'm sure Daddy would have liked to get a package of 4th of July shishkabobs! :) So sweet. You're such a good mom to her. Glad you had fun!

Post a Comment