Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Updates:

I scheduled an appt with Alexander's ortho doctor so that I could make sure that he doesnt have any problems with his feet since he will be walking soon, and is already standing. I noticed that when he is standing all of his toes on the affected foot turn in a little. The doctor said it is fine since Alex is pulling his toes in voluntarily and the bone and muscle isn't doing it on its own. He told me to tickle the outside of his foot a couple of times a day so that Alex strengthens the muscle on the outside of his foot by reacting. I thank god that he blessed the situation and it didnt turn out much worse. We do have to see the doctor one more time in a year after Alex has grown alot and been walking on it for a while. But for now, it is one worry I can finally push out of my mind.

Nicole has officially graduated from her three's class, and will be starting prek next year. I finished my last semester as a regular college student with two A's. Yay! Now to start preparing for Respiratory Therapy. Dont know if I told you I switched from RN, but that is another post :)  I begin in August, and with the grace of god and some hard work I will finally have my bachelors. I feel like I can just sit back after that. I will have a wonderful husband, two wonderful kids, some experiences some people don't get to enjoy, and my schooling done. What more could I ask for? I did do some things "backwards" according to most, but I also did them in the way God intended, and what worked for me. I will be able to look back on the decade I will call my twenties and say pheww! That was a crazy ride, but well worth it! Time to relax!

Chris and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary this year! Technically in June, but emotionally in Sept! When they arent here too much, it's always a good thing to have two anniversaries. Wow five years has flown by, maybe because we have been sooooo busy. Maybe in the next five years things will slow down and we can spend more time on each other and admire the little life we worked are butts off to build :)

Since I have cancelled the cable, I have been working on the endless episodes of scrubs. The show is even better when you watch it sequentially and see their lives unfold. I am saving all of the good tv series for when Chris gets home. That is one thing we bond over. We loved the walking dead (weird I know) and Hell on Wheels. (the western). I absolutely love westerns and the will people had then to survive. Nothing was handed to them and they worked so hard.  I have also watched a ton of documentaries (nerd alert). The latest being one from the history channel about the first settlers at Jamestown. It definitely was not the picturesque scene that is on the front of greeting cards. I recommend people watch it to see just what they went through and admire how amazing it is that our country started that way.

I have been catching up on reading. Currently I am reading "The resolution for woman". Normally I can finish a book like that in a couple of days but, this book is meant to be read in sections. I try to read a section and work on that area of my life for a couple of days before I move to another section. My favorite so far is working on what areas you put the most energy. Some people will put alot of energy in one area of their life, like work, or housework, and not have any left over for other things. I am the person who tries to put equal amounts into each area, and that is not the best option either. I need to sit down and evaluate the places that need the most and which places can do with less.

Well, that is it for us now. It seems like I have a million things going on and at the same time nothing much. Currently Alex is covered with stickers from Nicole, there are markers all over the living room, and I can see Nicole going in and out of the back door on a mission (which is never a good thing) So like I said, Lots of things and nothing at all. Until next time...*


1 comment:

Michelle Puccinelli said...

It is so good to hear that Alex's foot is alright. I have had a few students who have legs/foot problems and it is so hard to watch them struggle with every day things.

I had NO idea you switched to Respiratory Therapy. You will have to tell me all about it!

I love Scrubs! Drew and I bond over TV shows too. Our current one is Frasier, which we love.

Thinking of you on your upcoming anniversary!!

Post a Comment