Me:
Ive just been trying to hold down the fort while Chris is deep in training right now and trying to get christmas shopping/wrapping done.
Keeping the house really neat is a big priority right now, as we have recently put it on the market so if we get a showing I need to have it ready. We dont think we will be moving anytime soon but we decided we would like to have the house sold and out of the way when Chris does want to make a career change, so we have nothing in the way of making those sorts of decisions. You can see our listing here
Ive enrolled in spring semester and plan on starting nursing school in the fall. Im really excited about finally finishing school and getting onto that part of my life. I dont really plan on working until both kids are in school, but it will be nice to have the option if I want to.
Chris:
He is doing alot of training right now, Nicole and I got to watch one of his jumps the other day. The planes flew right over Abercorn (for those of you who have been here, that is the road right outside of base) and dropped the guys on the other side of the fence. We were pretty close and if you've never seen a jump before, its pretty amazing. Not to mention the sun was setting right behind them. It was really beautiful. They have also been doing things like fast roping and airfield seizures. He has not been home before four in the morning for the past week . They are on a sort of reverse schedule. This has made my nights pretty interesting trying to get everything done myself then trying to get out of the house with kids in the morning so Chris can sleep until he has to go to work at noon. He still managed to accomplish his favorite thing ever, which is Christmas shopping. You dont mess with Chris and his Christmas shopping. He really does care about getting us thoughtful gifts. This year I went with the kids to the mall, then when Chris woke up he met us for lunch, took Nicole and did his shopping while I took a very tired Alex home. Other than being super busy, Chris is doing great with his job. Before we know it, another deployment will be rolling around.
Nicole
Right now is a successful pre, pre k student haha. Her teachers love her and everytime I pick her up, they have a story for me. They always say that they cant believe some of the stuff she says. On the same note she used the word "stern" today. Granted it was in the wrong context but she picks up on the darndest things. I asked her where she heard that and she said her Barbie movie. She has also been in dance and after the holidays, will start preparing for their recital. The class she was in only had 3 girls so they decided to join two classes together but instead of moving them to a class in their age group, they moved them to an upper class. She really likes being in a class with older girls. She has learned first position, after she gets there she says "now I am going to blooooom like a flower, and catch raindrops" while opening her arms wide and pinching her fingers together. so cute. She is really looking forward to christmas and having all the presents under the tree already is driving her nuts. She asks me at least twice a day if she can open them. She is a good little helper, big sister, and definitely on santas good list. She already knows that though because the santa statue at walgreens has the "good" list in his hand and Nicole is on there. She makes sure to tell me everytime we go :)
Alex
Alex, oh Alex. Where do I start? Well, he is rolling over and as soon as he does he cries. So I flip him back. Rolls over, cries again.... repeat. He has well discovered his hands, and loves to pluck his pacifier out of his mouth. When I am putting him to bed I put the pacifier in he plucks it out and cries while trying to jam it back in. I replace the pacifier and again he plucks it out, resulting in more crying and jamming...repeat. We do this for a couple of minutes before he finally passes out. When Chris is holding him he just stares at me. and stares. He doesnt cry, because he loves chris holding him but he likes to look at me I guess. See...

He is definitely a more challenging baby than Nicole was but he is very cuddly and loving. Nicole was also very sweet but always seemed to be on the go. Even at this age. He is happy sitting with you , resting against you and hanging out. It's true that every child is different for sure!
Our little family is growing, changing, and on the move. We are doing great and looking forward to seeing what the new year is going to bring!
3 comments:
I'm a little obsessive...I check your blog every day and get incredibly dissapointed when there is no new post. So you can imagine how excited I was when I saw a new post today. YEAH!!!
I'm super excited for you to start nursing school. You are going to be so great at it!
Chris is on a massively crazy schedule!! I had no idea! I hope you are able to find some family time in there some where. He's home, but not really. Sucks!
I so wish I could watch Nicole's dance recital. I love the explanation she gives you of her dance, 'blooming flower.' So adorable!
Ahhhh, babies. I love how they are persistent in everything they do. Roll over. Cry. Wake up. Cry. Poop all over their clothes. I cry.
the pooping on clothes part is true. Alex is in his exersaucer alot these days and has started "creeper poops" where the there is no where for it to go so it creeps up the back of their diaper. sometimes you will get lucky and it doesn't make it to their clothes and sometimes, well...your not so lucky haha. yes chris's schedule is crazy, I feel so bad because he gets up in the morning anyway to see the kids after only getting like 3 hours of sleep then tries to go lay down but never quite falls asleep.
I'm the same way Lish, I check every day!
Your house listing looks great! I had no idea you guys wanted to move somewhere, but you're smart to get your house on the market now.
I love how smart and "well-read" :) Nicole is! I hope she continues to love to read and go to school. Makes me proud! :)
Post a Comment