Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

On mother's day we decided to have a little bbq with all of the A co medics and their families if they had one. It was really nice to get together before everyone leaves soon and to be around some amazing mothers on such a special day. Emily, Jarrad, and their baby William came, Marc, Jessica, and their son Luke came. Eva came who is expecting anyday now, and of course Chris, Nicole, and pregnant me were there. It was very family oriented event! There were 4 other medics there that are single but they fit right in with us.
I made an 8 pound boston butt into some delicious pulled pork, fresh corn on the cob, chips, baked beans, and the infamous peach cobbler with homemade whipped cream. We literally had just enough to fill everyone up, and it was delicious!
After that, all of us mom's decided it was fitting for the dad's to watch the kid's so we could meet up later for a lite dinner downtown. I think it was the first time we were together alone since we all entered momhood. We went to Taca downtown for some amazing sushi, and some much needed catching up. We talked for two hours after we finished and I think we all enjoyed the downtime.


That was my mother's day and it was great! Until next time....

Here is a mother's prayer and thanksgiving:

Dear Lord
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom

Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose

Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face

That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile

AMEN!

1 comment:

Alisha Beverly said...

Can I come to your house for dinner?! Sounds delicious! I crave that peach cobbler everyday since you made it!

Post a Comment