Friday, May 20, 2011

Update

By now I can safely say that once again Chris has gone to help fight for our country. The first day was full of tears, loneliness, and fears. Being pregnant this time sure doesn't help in making me feel better about him being gone, but in a way I feel like I am constantly carrying around a little piece of Chris with me wherever I go. The hard part is not seeing them walk away, but walking into your house and seeing their cup of coffee from that morning, or the last change of clothes laying on the floor, the carefully mowed grass he took care of just so I wouldn't have to worry about it for at least a week.
It is interesting to see how Nicole reacts to the deployments as she gets older. The first one she was about 6 months old so she didn't act too differently. On the second and third she definitely noticed he was gone, and would cry for him. On this one she came to me as I started tearing up and said "are you sad daddy's gone? It's ok, he'll be back sweetheart." as she patted my back. I never thought that she would be the one comforting me in such a hard time. It gave me confidence in my abilities as a mother to raise such a sweet little girl, even with our hectic, hello/goodbye life we lead. Wow four deployments. It's hard to believe when are coming up on our fourth year anniversary in June.
I obviously can't indulge in what Chris's job entails, but I will say this, he and the other guys he works with are America's #1 line of defense in order to keep this country safe. I am so proud to be his wife, and wouldn't trade this life with anyone else. I heard a very high ranking individual once say that the night's that these guys aren't out protecting our freedom, the war on terror is not being fought. That is huge cross for these guys to bear, and they deserve all of our thanks and prayers. Every night Nicole and I say our prayers which she knows by heart now, and she finishes with "dear god, please keep my daddy safe. Amen" RLTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment