Saturday, January 7, 2012

Other Christmas pics

I haven't had anything to post about lately, but I managed to get on my mom's facebook and steal some of the pictures from Christmas, and Alexander's christening. Here they are...

The first day we were down there, everyone we knew met at the neighborhood restaurant Paradise grill for trivia and wore red and St. Louis gear in memory of our friend Karyl who passed earlier this year. Christmas was her favorite holiday, the St. Louis Cardinals were her favorite baseball team and The "STL GAL" t-shirts are a replica of her license plate. She drove a big red expedition and you would know it was her driving in Marietta by her license plate. We called her and her car the STL GALs.










The next night was Alexander's Christening. He wore the family christening gown, which was first bought for my grandfather and passed to every family member. Here is a list... Grandpa, my mother and her 3 siblings, my grandmothers brother's 4 children, all 7 grandchildren, and now Nicole and Alexander. My grandmother spends two days cleaning it and ironing before the christening. She loves the gown so much and teared up seeing both Nicole and Alexander wearing it. Definitely hoping to keep it as a family heirloom. Chris and Steven both wore their military uniforms and looked very handsome. Deacon Bruce baptized Alex. The same man who married Chris and I, and baptized Nicole. Afterwards we all went back to my mother's to celebrate and take more pictures.









Onto the next night.. Christmas eve the family came over to my mother's house where we ate delicious food and enjoyed each others company. After everyone left I went to midnight mass to hear beautiful christmas carols and celebrate the lord's birth. Chris stayed home with the kids, giving me a chance to go with my mother, sister, and, brother. It reminded me of growing up and going together, having that feeling of warmth and love, and no matter how hard things were or got, that there was a god that loved us and watched over us. I only have one picture and that is when father Pat who I have been watching preach since I was Nicole's age asked all of the active duty military to come up. My brother of course got to go (all the way to the right) When father Pat saw him, he gave him the hugest hug recognizing him from all the years we had gone there. The standing ovation lasted forever, and made me wish that for a second that Chris could experience the love and gratitude that those people had for our military. It made me once again proud to be an army wife, and proud of my hubs!


And finally.....Christmas Day! We opened presents in the morning at my mothers house and had breakfast. Gigi (my grandma) made it over early to watch Nicole open her gifts, which took forever! This picture sums it up right here....



Nicole- always looking fabulous of course!


Christmas day was at aunt lauries house. Usually christmas eve is a little more calm and then christmas day is when the italian comes out. Everyone had so much fun, and even a dance party broke out for a minute that Chris and I were the stars of. I guess he got some of his parent's fancy footwork. Everyone was impressed.




I lost track of Alex for a second and when he re-emerged he had on this little number. Between him and my mom's Christmas sweater/vest there was almost too much Christmas in the room.

But then I remembered my grandpa, who rocked this tie and suspenders combo all weekend.


The infamous, cousins on the staircase pic, with a couple of new additions of course :)


And the whole fam. We dont ever make grandma and grandpa move. The 15 or so of us just squeeze in behind wherever they are sitting when we are ready to take the picture.

Needless to say, we were exhausted and headed back to our quiet little house in savannah, with a car full of gifts, and new stories. We loved being with my family, dearly missed Chris's family, and can't wait to see them in February! We even bought Nicole some new snow boots today. We are ready for the snow Wanita, so keep it around until we get there.

P.S. List of things to do:

First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle.

hahaha. -Alisha do you remember quoting ELF for like an hour that night we went camping :)

6 comments:

Michelle Puccinelli said...

Carly, this is so fun. Thank you so much for sharing.

I love the family heirloom christening dress! That is so cool and such a special thing for all of you.

Oh my word, that picture of Nicole and those presents...are they all for her? No wonder she went into shock!! What a fun day for an almost 4 year old! Your grandpa's outfit was hilarious! I wish I had that kind of outfit!

carly said...

not all of them were for her but alot were hers. I'll ask if you borrow his suspenders next year lol.

Alisha Beverly said...

What a fun way to honor your friend!

I think that christening gown is the coolest family tradition! How very special!!

Kudos to you for going to church at midnight. I couldn't do it. I'm getting pathetic in my old age. I feel like every Christmas Eve I'm exhausted earlier and earlier. 9:00 pm and I'm ready to call it a day!

Love the impromtu dancing! Michelle and I bought my parents the Just Dance game for the Wii. So we got our dance on too. We can't wait to play it with you!

Oh my gosh! I love Alex and your Grandpa's Christmas outfits!!!! So funny!

Maybe we should make a family position tradition for our pictures, since we don't have one of those rocking staircases. Like a pyramid or something!

Thanks for sharing! I loved reading all about your Christmas adventures!

Alisha Beverly said...

Oh and...we must bring to the cabin the four main food groups:
1) Candy
2) Candy Canes
3) Candy Corn
and
4) Syrup

carly said...

Alisha.....YES!

"It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture."

Wanita Hutchison said...

Loved the pictures and can't wait to make snow angels, not sure about the cookie dough and you will have to settle for snowmobile and no ice skating. :) Also, you better pray for snow because right now there isn't too much in the mountains.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us.

Post a Comment