So I know I have been missing in action but these past 5-6 weeks have been a whirl wind relearning baby stuff, making Nicole still feel like our little princess, keeping up with laundry, recovering from the c-section, and trying to get a little sleep in between.
It is so true that each child is different. Nicole was a big sleeper, we would just feed her and she would pretty much sleep until she woke up and wanted to eat again. Alexander literally stays up for HOURS during the day. Making it virtually impossible to get things done. Plus side= he sleeps from 8 or 9 at night until 4 in the morning usually so I get more sleep with him than I did with Nicole. I absolutely adore him though. He is starting to coo a little and smile (or I would like to think that is what it is). His dark hair is so cute and when I sit him up to burp him it is always sticking up and askew. We still cant really tell what color his eyes are. Some days they are very blue and others grey. With Nicole she had baby blues by this time. Alex definitely takes after mum. He is very "verbal" when he is awake he makes noise, when he is asleep he grunts, when he eats he makes very happy sounds, and when he is upset you definitely know it!
Whenever I talk to people they want to know how Nicole is doing with Alex. Well, we are happy to say she loves him so much. All she wants to do is hold him and feed him, and help do all of the mommy stuff. You can also see how he gets a little excited when he hears her. When I was pregnant, in the morning Nicole would come into my room and start talking making alexander start moving around and kicking. I think he will love his big sister just as much as she loves him.
Well, that's all for now. A little look into our life right now, and hopefully I can keep updating the blog and find time to post. Until then, Ciao!
4 comments:
Love love love that you're back! I seriously checked every other day! I am so glad that Nicole has been such a sweetheart. One of my favorite text pictures is the one of Chris holding Alex in his arms and Nicole is just staring adoringly at him. I also love the one with his finger in his mouth that you posted on here. Such a sweetheart. We're dying to meet him! Love you!
We cant wait to come up there and see you guys. I definitely want to see alex and brayden together
It definelty is a whirlwind isn't it? I mean, I knew it was going to be busy, but not THIS busy. Feeding a kid every three hours really cuts in to your 'everything else' time.
I love imagining how different or alike he is going to be from Nicole. I wonder if he'll be the more 'verbal' of the two while Nicole is the more 'physical' of the two. Nicole will be a blur of movement and Alex will be a constant chatter! Ha!
Love you guys!
I cant imagine alex talking more than Nicole. She seriously talks to herself ALL day. No joke. ALL day. It's getting a little weird. haha
Post a Comment