Our cabin was really cool. A little more "rustic" than our last one. It had a cool little loft area where Nicole slept and right in the bedroom was a big pink jacuzzi tub, which she LOVED. She kept saying it was our "new" house and that was her "new" tub and "new" bed. Chris and I were like " how are we going to tell her we are leaving in 3 days?" lol. Downstairs had a cute little kitchen, pool table and sitting area with a fireplace. Too bad it wasn't cold enough for a nice crackling fire. Love love love that. There was also another small bedroom and bathroom. Out on the back porch there were two rockers, and a hot tub. We managed to use the hot tub all three nights we were there. Nicole wouldnt have had it any other way :)
Everynight before it got dark we had to make sure we got everything out of the car because there was a stalker raccoon that posted up on the porch and trapped us in. The first night I forgot Alex's blanket in the car and opened the cabin door. Normally I'm not afraid of the dark but I just had this weird feeling and asked Chris to go get it. When he opened it he saw the raccoon sitting there. ( Somehow I missed it; glad I did because I would have had a heart attack) Chris and Nicole then continued to feed him goldfish to my dismay.
The next morning there was the cutest black kitten we affectionately named "cat"linburg. We fed him ham. We broke all of the "dont feed the wildlife" rules.
The first day we were there, we went to the Nascar race tracks (go carts) Nicole was not big enough to go on any of the tracks, which was a bummer, but she got to ride the kiddie rides. After that we went to Wonderworks. It was one of the most random science museums/interactive/I dont know what you would call it. Nicole and Chris had a blast mostly because there was an endless amount of buttons to push, and things to touch. I just followed behind with Alex in the Bjorn.
The next day we went to the actual town of Gatlinburg. (we were staying in pigeon forge) we ate a yummy lunch and went to the area of Cades Cove. For all you history buffs (michelle) it is the first place people settled in Gatlinburg. The actual area is now in Smoky Mtn National park, but it is an 11 mile loop that has original cabins, churches, and mills, from the people that settled there. You can actually walk through and see all of them. Pretty cool. That is where we saw the baby black bear in the tree! Nicole loved that too.
We saw so much wildlife, enjoyed so many fun things, and ate some really good food on our trip to Tennessee this time. But as I sit here with both kid's in bed, updating my blog and enjoying a cold PBR I realize that there is no place like home!
2 comments:
Love love love this post! It sounds like it was such a great time! I laughed so hard on the parts where Chris and Nicole are getting into some scheme and you're in the background just shaking your head! (Goldfish to Raccoons , pushing buttons). They are two peas in a pod!
Like Michelle, I laughed and laughed about Chris & Nicole finding themselves in heaven with a whole building of stuff they could touch! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! Love all the pictures!
Post a Comment