Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gatlinburg Here We Come!...

Tomorrow we are leaving for Gatlinburg TN. We spent a leave there once before and loved it. It is one of the most rustic, beautiful, quirky, fun, romantic, mountain towns ever. We rented a cabin around the same area we did last time. I tried to book the same cabin but they didnt have any open dates. Chris only gets two block leaves a year, and if he is deployed during christmas or thanksgiving, they are the only time we have off. One before deployment and one after, usually between 14-20 days off. We definitely have to make the most of this time. We have taken Nicole to Disney a couple of times, but with a newborn that just doesnt sound like the most fun ever.
We just wanted some good relaxing time in a comfy cabin, and where is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the fall? North Ga/Tn Blue ridge mtns.


Savannah doesnt have alot of foliage like North Ga., and I can't wait to see the fall colors and smell the crisp air. I think if I could have my choice of any place to settle down it would be in the foothills of blueridge. All four seasons are present, and it snows for a little bit in the winter, gets hot in the summer (but not suffocating) and landscape is gorgeous.
Gatlinburg is also VERY pro military so almost every restaurant and activity has a military discount. If I can remember correctly Dollywood was completely free. Yes, that's right Dollywood. We went there haha. It was glorious.
Anyways, I'm going to sign off here. Long day tomorrow, I will update on our vay cay as it goes on.

2 comments:

Alisha Beverly said...

Sounds amazing! How long will you be there?! Can't wait for a time when we can all do something like that as a family. Rent a big house or something on the beach, let the kids run wild, and eat lots of seafood. Sounds perfect!

I can't imagine why you don't want to take a 3 year old AND a newborn to disneyworld?! What, our pregnant adventure didn't give you any inspiration to do it again?! Gosh! We were crazy! But I would do it again. I have such fond memories! In fact, Trey was wearing his mickey mouse shirt you got him a few days ago and he talked non stop all day about disney world and Aunt Carly and Nicole and Uncle Chris. He even had a complete melt down when we were driving home from someplace and we pulled up to our house instead of disneyworld. I mean, tears and wailing, the works! He sure had fun!

Michelle Puccinelli said...

Haha, that is super funny about Trey. I still love that picture of him LEAPING into ...Goofy (?)'s arms.

Carly, I am super jealous! That looks so beautiful. And the text you sent today with those clouds! Man! Awesome. I hope your time is awesome, relaxing and full of love!

Post a Comment