Today I made an impromptu stop at the gently used second hand children's clothing store called once upon a child. Nicole needed some school clothes, and I didnt want to give her new stuff because she comes home everyday looking like she has been surviving in the woods for a week with nothing but finger paint and jelly. For two weeks now I have wanted Alex to be superman for halloween but I couldnt bring myself to buy him a 25 dollar costume so I was waiting for a deal to come along, needless to say there was a rack of costumes outside of the store when I got there and the first one you could see from the parking lot was a 0-9 months superman bunting with a cape. The exact one I wanted to buy! I was for sure this was a sign that I should venture further into the store to see what other treasures I could find. (p.s. the costume was $4.50!) My first stop was a rack of "my first halloween" onesies. I thought why not? they were $1 each so I got one for Alex too. On to the shoes. This is where it may have gotten a bit out of hand. I got Nicole leather mary janes and a pair of leather pink moccasins for $7 each. And also a pair of brand new tennis shoes for $4. I continued my journey through the jungle of baby clothes (it is overwhelming) and came out with a whole gap baby outfit $10 and a bunch of other clothes for both kids. I spent $50 and probably got enough clothes to last them both for a while.
When I got done, I felt so proud of all the money I saved. I immediately called Chris and told him all about my adventure. He was like "cool...." Cest la vie. Guys just dont appreciate the joy you get from saving money. Maybe it's because they dont know that a baby gap outfit costs over $50? So I did the only thing I could think to do at the moment. I called Alisha and told her about my finds. She gave me more of the reaction I was looking for. Thanks girly!
2 comments:
I am SO there with you! I am obsessed with good deals. I don't know if I have bought more than a handful of things at full price in my whole life. Drew appreciates a good deal too, so when I come home and lay out all my treasures and detail for him exactly how much I saved...I get more than a "Cool." But girls definitely get deals much better than males!
Good for you Carly! Can't wait to see the pics of Halloween!
And believe me, you will be HOOKED for life now! It is so thrilling to find good deals! I'm glad I was able to help give you the reaction you deserved! :)
I love how you described Nicole's war zone at school! Hilarious!!
Post a Comment